Thursday, September 4, 2014

About Me

My name is Maday. I was born on June 27th 1999 in Tepehuanes, Durango, Mexico. Fun fact: The hospital I was born in was built over an ancient Native American burial site. I was raised in Mexico until I was around a year or two old, and that’s all I remember about growing up there. (At that time my dad had obtained residency and my mom, two brothers and I moved to Chicago.) Currently I have two dogs, Kai, a Yorkie-Poodle mix, and Anubis, a Miniature Doberman mix.
Throughout grammar school I was actually bullied a lot and I didn’t really have friends until 6th grade or so. You see people always had my gender confused at the time. Funny thing was that it didn’t matter how “girly” I dressed or if my hair was up to my waist, people always saw me as a boy. The harder I tried fitting in, the more uncomfortable and bullied the more I felt like I needed to be girly. But there was a point where I realized: “It’s either dress like a girl, be uncomfortable, and still be confused for a boy or be myself, comfortable, and still be confused for a boy.” I chose the second one.
 Away from all the sad stuff I enjoy writing, a lot. I’ve been a finalist in two contests and that’s about as far as I get when it comes to writing contests. But that doesn’t change the fact that I love writing and would like to use it to go into performing arts. Other than writing I play soccer and that’s as far as I go with hobbies.
I absolutely love K-Pop (Korean Pop) and went to one concert during April. (B.A.P Live On Earth; Attack On Chicago.) If I were to pick a favorite band it would definitely be f(x). I really like their style and how unique they are. My favorite songs would be Paper Heart, Butterfly, Beautiful Stranger (by f(x)), Haven, The Great Escape, and Standing in the Rain (By Nell.) Other than that I like most K-Pop songs and bands.

I think that’s pretty much all I have to say about myself for now.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting pet names! Where did you get the names from? Also, I can totally relate on the bullying thing. I'm the same. Didn't really get social or have friends until 6th grade since I transferred schools, away from my old bullies and stuff :P and I'd like to read some of your writing if you'll let me ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anubis my brother go that. I got Kai from EXO. And I wouldn't mind showing you some of my writing either.

      Delete